Client support is handled through eThink's portal at https://ethinkeducation.zendesk.com , where users have the ability to browse our Knowledge Base documentation and submit cases through an email-based system for assistance.
Normal business hours for client support are 8:30am to 6:00pm ET Monday through Friday. During that time, the general response time for non-urgent cases is approximately 2 hours. Non urgent cases submitted outside of normal business hours will be handled during the next business day. Critical/site unresponsive tickets are handled immediately 24/7, 365 days a year.
eThink provides support for:
- All features of Moodle's core functionality
- All aspects of eThink's custom integrations with your SIS and Authentication platforms
- eThink will install any 3rd party plugin compatible with Moodle; however, we do not provide support for bugs or questions related to their usage. In addition we cannot guarantee a plugin will remain compatible with future versions of Moodle.
Many eThink clients are able to resolve their technical issues by using our Knowledge Base, as your question or issue may already be known and documented. Prior to contacting eThink support, we highly recommend browsing the Knowledge Base.
If you still need to contact eThink for support, please click on the Submit a Request link on the left of the support center's home page to submit a case.
Be sure to include a URL to the course, user, or activity that you need assistance with. We require this to provide support. This helps us navigate directly to the issue at hand and troubleshoot more effectively.
In the body of your message, answers to the following questions will help us investigate the issue as quickly as possible.
- Define the problem, symptoms, who is experiencing it, and any relevant details.
- Can you reproduce the problem? If so, what steps are required?
- What error messages were received during the time of the problem?
- Does the issue affect multiple users/courses?
- Do you have a workaround or is this an urgent issue?
Priority levels for support cases are as follows:
PLEASE NOTE: In the event of a site emergency, clients should first submit a case with the "Urgent" priority label. This triggers additional alerts to the support team to ensure the problem is addressed as soon as possible.
If no reply is received within 15 minutes, you can escalate the issue by calling the toll-free emergency support number at (877) 509-5482 or +44 2033180053 for UK clients.
An urgent support emergency is defined as when the site is completely offline or unresponsive and no user can load the site's homepage or log in to site.
Submitting your request with the appropriate priority type will help to ensure you get a response as soon as possible. However, if you feel you need to escalate the status of an open ticket with us you may reach out to our Director of Support Services, Claire Kruse via phone at 646-397-3597. Should further escalation be necessary you may contact our VP of Services, Courtney Bentley next at 810-624-4894, followed by our COO, Cheryl Patsavos at 617-416-5858.
To submit a support request in Help Center
- Click Submit a request at the top of the page.
- Enter a subject and description of the problem and fill in the required fields.
- As you enter a subject, a list of suggested articles in the knowledge base appears. You can click one of the articles instead of submitting the request.
- Add any attachments up to 20MB.
- Click Submit.
NEW! You can now CC other members of your team on tickets, providing they also have an account in our Support Portal. To copy multiple users, use a comma to separate each email address.
To review case history
Click your profile icon on the upper-right side of any page, and then click My activities to a view the complete ticket history for your institution. This will allow you to check on the status of existing cases, or see whether an issue has already been reported by another member of your team.
By default, the page displays all requests that you have submitted. In Zendesk Support, an open request is a ticket that's been assigned to an agent who is working to resolve it.
A request awaiting your reply is a ticket that's been assigned to an agent, but the agent is waiting for more information from you before resolving the ticket.
Click the Organization Requests link on the My Activities page to see all the requests in your organizations.
To see a filtered view of all your requests, enter a search term in the Filter Requests box or select a request status from the Status menu.
To see details about a request, click the request title.
Monthly Client Newsletter
Please keep an eye out for our client newsletters which go out the middle of every month. We recommend adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts/safe senders list so you don't miss any newsletters or other important notices.